Tuesday 1 September 2015

Upward bound!

     Yesterday I got home just before dark to discover that some upward progress has been made on building our house! It's a great feeling and very exciting.
     Apparently it was too much to set up the generator down at the house site so Josh just cut the 75mm steel piers with a half-blunt hacksaw. No wonder he was so exhausted when I got home! I took these photos in the early morning light before I headed out for the day again, leaving Josh all alone to build the house by himself! It might be more tricky without an assistant but I think he likes the peace to think things through.
     Then today he discovered that he doesn't seem to have any cutting discs so couldn't have used the angle grinder to cut the metal anyway! Of course this was AFTER he lugged the generator down to the house site. Damn. Instead he made use of it by drilling in screws with a plug-in drill instead of a cord-less drill, and was very pleased by how much easier it made the whole procedure. 240V instead of 14.4V makes for a lot more grunt, handy when you are drilling tek-screws through several layers of metal.
     So tomorrow I am off to catch the bus to the nearest town with a hardware store, to hopefully buy some cutting discs. He better give me good instructions about the right ones to buy, unlike the masonry hammer-drill bits!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment